Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Space




Awhile back, bloggers were posting the spot where they knit. Well...that's just my living room chair and nothing exciting to report there...a broken down blue recliner that I purchased to nurse my babies and has received a lot of "loving" in the past 5 years. My girls even practiced their walking by holding on to the arm and spinning in circles. They had a blast! Not at all related to their Grandmother who will probably feel like throwing up just reading about it! LOL I cannot keep a basket or anything next to my chair because there would be no stitches left on the needles. So, I will show you my "home base" for being online! This is my hubby at the computer now. The photo is taken with me sitting at the head of our Queen sized bed if that gives you some perspective. This fall we made a desk from a hollow core door and underneath, holding it up are about 15 banker's boxes filled with books! A very practical storage unit! On each side I have 2 four drawer vertical file cabinets. To the right, you can just barely see. It supports my printer and holds all my genealogy files. The one on the left holds all the business and teaching files. I had a 3 shelf bookcase which I plased on top of the desk. It holds my monitor, photo boxes with banking, stationery and software/photo disks, books and CDs and nicknacks. We put a shelf going to the left to hold my in boxes, my favore scrapbook references, my scrapbooking papers and most frequently used scrapbooking tools. The painting is one I did in my Aunt Grace's class. To the left of the computer is the scanner and family photos. This area, when the photos are removed, serves as my scrapbooking table.

Well, blogger will not put the photos where I want them, so the photo with the close up shows the photos I keep on my desk..one of hubby and kids, pictures of our wedding to remind me of my love, my favorite photo of 'the man I fell in love with', taken the weekend we met, and a copy of my personal mission statement. This is where I sit when I write, look at everyone's blogs and communicate with all of you out in cyberspace!

No comments: