Sunday, February 05, 2006

Reluctant UFO...


Well, I finished the Creatures of the Reef shawl last night. At first I was not even going to block it, but Deborah and Beth on the Christian Artisans list convinced me it is at least worth a try. I am very discouraged because it seems too small for the recipient. I will block it tonight and see. If it is too small, I am going to order some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Blue Jeans to start over.

In the meantime, I am going to start something for me! :o) This is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Tahoe colorway. I am going to make "The Skinny on Lace", a scarf for myself to wear to dress up some of my shirts for wearing to church and also for trips to San Francisco where it is colder and I notice scarf wearers everywhere. This is a Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer pattern. The flared lace smoke ring I made in the fall was one of her patterns. Her patterns can be found at http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com . I purchased mine from Eve (see post earlier today regarding Wild Iris). I will cast on tonight while hubby and I are watching the end of our current DVD from the Ken Burns baseball documentary series. Speaking of TV, I just saw the last bit of the Four Continents Figure Skating Challenge (NO I didn't watch the Super Bowl!) and when they were scanning the crowds while Katie Taylor was in the Kiss and Cry, I saw a lady knitting! :o) Smart lady, there's lots of down time in between, lots of waiting!

Stephanie of Yarn Harlot fame is having her Knitting Olympics during the Olympic times...well, unless I have to reknit the COTR shawl, I will be doing my own UFO Olympics...and try to get a few of those things that were pushed aside finished and clear the slate...that would be a bigger victory for me personally!

Okay...enough for today...

No comments: