Monday, February 06, 2006


It's always a good feeling when the mail man turns off the truck because I know he is coming up my steps to deliver goodies! :o) Today he brought my SP7 gift! Yeah! This was such a nice surprise. Again, I have difficulties with purples...both the yarn and the fabric are purple. The yarn is Cascade Quatro and a pattern was included for making "footies"! I love this. It's getting to the time of year when my Fiber Trends Felted Clogs are too hot, but my feet are cold without something. The yarn is four colors together (thus quatro), a lavender a blue violet, a plum and a red violet. Very nice! The purple fabric is batike and is for making a needle case. I just started making a needle case with some Asian prints from the quilt store with cranes on them. I didn't know this was coming in the mail, but it is not a loss because I just signed up for a six week quilting class and I have been wanting to do something with batiks! This may be the basis for something else creative! The little mouse in the hat and scarf is adorable...he came with a note that said he liked sitting on spinning wheels...at the moment he is sitting next to my monitor with my Beanie Baby Chinese Pug and Siberian Husky. :o) He's in good company. The bright colored mouse is filled with catnip for Abbie, my kitty...my secret pal forgot nothing! In fact she included some soft chocolate/caramel Cream Savers. I am being good with my sugar intake, so they are nice...when I want a little taste, I can have one or two. I was good and ate 3 when they came today. Boy, God must have told my Secret Pal that I needed something special today. I am just exhausted from migraines, asthma, sick kids, life! It was nice to have something special arrive just for me! :o) Thank you Slip, Slip, Knit...you are a special secret pal. I look forward to getting to know you better! Posted by Picasa

No comments: