Monday, January 30, 2006

Snow Shadows

Don't you wish you could come over to my house and fondle this fiber for awhile?! Okay, I know all you fiber people out there will know what I mean, even though some of my non-sheepy friends may think it strange! This incredible 'Snow Shadow' is 8oz of Cormo, wool, angora and mohair, gifted to me from my friend Trish from the Christian Artisans list! Wow! She wrote me the most beautiful letter which I am going to keep, and which made me cry. It was like God knew I needed a little boost today and he sent me a special missile via His daughter Trish! She read on the blog that I like purple...oh yes! The photo is a little blurry because I took it without flash to get the natural color better. This is pretty close. I need a spinning lesson ASAP! I want to spin this beautiful fiber, but I don't want to "mess it up"! She purchased this from ebay user spinner115 at http://www.sufficientgracefarm.com

Trish could not have known this but my Aunt Grace is an artist who hs specialized in oilpainting. Growing up, Grace took me on all kinds of adventures, put a sketch book in my hand, taught me much I know of photography and also how to see colors. When I saw this and I saw the name was Snow Shadow, I immediately thought of Grace and how she taught me that when you look at a tree it is not just green. And when you paint snow, if you only used white it would be flat and boring! The shadows in the snow are many colors depending on the lighting, the location, the time of day. I never thought much of it at the time, but learning to see all the colors in nature has brought me so much joy over the years and I have been able to bring this knowledge into my fiber arts.

I have not used Cormo before. I googled and came up with this if you want to see what they look like: http://www.cormosheep.org/Cormo/Cormo_Registrx.html

Okay, I'm off to fondle the fiber now! :o)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! Isn't Trish the sweetest? She gifted me some fiber from the same lady, and it was in my favortite colors too!