Saturday, June 25, 2005

bits and bobs...

Well, that's what my lovely English friends call the little odds and ends...bits and bobs...so this post is about all the little odds and ends that are going on in my knitting life! I did finish my sock and am about a 1/4 of the way through the second sock. I didn't want to wait too long to start and get SSS (Second Sock Syndrome for my non knitting readers...when you never get that second sock finished!). It looks like I may be doing some more sock knitting in the future. I talked to my Aunt in Seattle and she is unable to knit now because of her hands/joints but sure enjoys her wool socks. She already has her pattern and a small stash so she may send some of it down here for me to knit for her. I would really like to do this for her. I enjoy having something small to pick up in between my big projects.

DH is taking his CLAD certification test today and should be about 75% through with it about now. Hopefully he will pass. I think that stands for Cultural Learning and Diversity, but could be wrong on that...it's something similar anyway. He has been studying like crazy since March and needs this to keep his job since his school is being monitored through the No Child Left Behind program. So since he has been studying madly I did not really get a chance to measure him and his favorite boughten sweater to figure out how to go forward on his fair isle (see pictures posted earlier this month). I need to do that and would like to have that project done and not hanging over my head.

For my birthday, which was also Father's Day this year, I got to attend a machine quilting class with author/quilter Kathy Sandbach. If you are interested in it, you can see my pics and descriptions on my quilt blog, www.fmnquilts.blogspot.com

Until next time...happy knitting!

No comments: