I thought it might be helpful to make a list of some of the ways that you can receive free digital scrapbooking kits and elements.
In the previous post, I provided several links. Here are ways that I found them:
1. Use a search engine for the web and type in "free digital scrapbooking" and you can be checking links for hours... maybe days!
2. When you like the style of a particular designer or shop, sign up for their newsletter. Usually they send out coupons, discount codes and email you whenever they are having a sale.
3. Find out when your favorite designer or site releases new kits. Generally at that time, they are on sale for 10-30% off.
4. Find out if your designer or shop has a specials day. For instance, once a week Sweet Shoppe sends out an email for their Saturday specials. Some I have seen pretty much every day but Sunday and Monday covered at this point.
5. Book mark the blog of your favorite designers and shops. Many times they will release freebies there or will have add-on and mini kits that coordinate with those they sell.
6. Enter contests and challenges on digital sites, blogs and forums.
7. Read threads on the forums. Sometimes designers post there for loyal users.
8. Look at the coupons and announcements that are included in each kit. Sometimes they include discount coupons or links to free add-ons.
9. Purchase a digital magazine, which usually comes with free designer kits. More on that in a separate post.
Some notes on Freebies...
Second, be careful. There is such a thing as "too much of a good thing." Download it if you like it or know you can and will use an element or paper from it.
Third, not all freebies are equal. Sometimes freebies are a designer's first efforts and they are trying to get their good work out there. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. Some freebies are JUNK! Some freebies are beautiful art. Sometimes the old adage of "you get what you pay for" rings true!