Monday, August 28, 2006


I actually finally finished one of dh's birthday socks...we won't mention when the birthday was! :o) I used an article from Interweave Knits by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts called Dream Socks. I am not sure I will use it again, because I don't like the way the toe joins up...can you see that knit ridge? It's smooth on the inside so it feels okay on the foot, although hubby hasn't tried it with shoes. The pattern uses a short row heel and toe which weren't bad. I would like to try Wendy's short row toe up socks next and see how I like those. I do have the second sock started and it is my goal to get it done before it's cold, but right now I needed a break from the size 0s and sock! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carissa said...

What a pretty colorway! I love short row heels and toes. I prefer to knit them toe up so that I don't need to worry about the seam, or if I do knit them cuff down, I kitchener the seam, just like grafting a regular toe.