Friday, April 21, 2006


This is the view as I come down my porch to go to the mailbox. All the pots you see in the front and on the stand, I planted last night. That's one of my 20+ rosebushes, which has some lovely pink blooms on the other side. Usually my tulips are all done and gone by now, but with all the rain, I don't think they are all going to bloom this year. They are in the boxes lining the walk. We have a very small space and there is no soil, only clay. On the side strip which you see where the red rocks are, I have planted rosebushes and that is the worst clay soil so they have not grown a lot in the 7 years they have been there. This year they are bigger than usual. I didn't know much about gardening when I started so I did not get the everyblooming roses on that side. However, on the front of our trailer, I have 7 very large rosebushes that grow like weeds! One of them gets 8 feet tall every year, even though I cut it down each winter. There is some actual soil where they are, so they do better. The flowers really lift my spirits. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

Oh, Theresa, look at the beauty you create in your garden ;) I enjoyed your flower photos very much...my garden is still mostly shades of grey, brown and some green..LOL!