Monday, July 18, 2005

Cool Secret Pal!

My Secret Pal from the Ample Knitting List, the one I am supposed to be sending to, mailed me a belated birthday gift today. It was so neat. She sent me a knitting humor/trivia book with cool vintage pictures, Debbie Macomber's The Shop On Blossom Street, which takes place in my home state, a beautiful book mark and a souvenir bag she got at Niagara Falls last month on vacation. She is making up for all the bad secret pal experiences I have had in the past!

I still need to post pics of what my Secret Pal who is the one sending to me, gave me. It's so beautiful and I keep looking at it! Haven't had time or energy. We have had 7 days of triple digit heat. We finally got a break today and it cooled down to an official temp of 98* but we are usually a couple degrees higher. Judging by my thermostat and where it is at, I'd say we got to 100* here. Funny that after awhile you can really tell the difference between 98* and 100*. Saturday we went to San Francisco to get out of the heat. Ironically though we ended up getting sunburned/windburned in the 69* weather! We used sunscreen too, but I think we didn't apply often enough. A painful lesson learned. But I sure felt good getting my nose out in the salt air and the kids loved being on the beach. We went to East Beach at Crissy Field in The Presidio. If the fog hadn't been out you could see the Golden Gate Bridge from there. It was strange coming home too...over the 100 mile ride, the temp increased 40*!

Today I will finish up the first of my Aunt's socks. I also heard from a gal on the Ample Knitter's list and I am going to test knit one of her patterns for a smoke ring. I saw it on her blog and it looked pretty. It's a moebius smoke ring. Should be interesting.

Made some raspberry jam tonight. Other than that I haven't been accomplishing too much lately! Back to knitting!

No comments: