Monday, December 12, 2005

Catching Up, A Meme and FOs!

This is my hubby and kids on Thanksgiving! We had a quiet (well as quiet as this crew gets!) holiday at home! Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Life has been hectic and sad. I have been feeling very down since my friend Laura was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer. She had surgery on December 1st and the Cancer is a very rare type which I am told is not curable, but is highly respondent to chemotherapy, so hopefully at some point in time her life will normalize somewhat. Right now things are pretty rough. She will start chemo therapy this week. If you feel led, please pray for Laura. She is like family to us and especially to my kids. She has been coming to visit every Monday to play with ds, ever since I was pg with the twins and couldn't get around much. She is very gifted with children and is a retired teacher/daycare provider. Anyway, please pray for "our Laura"!

I have been busy knitting away on several small objects plus the two shawls since August. I am still knitting one last item for my AKSP which she will receive in January...so I can't show that yet. It's almost done, except I had "help" from one of the kids and/or the cat and it has to be "fixed"! After Christmas knitting is finished I will try to get back to some UFOs! I have also been considering doing the Aran Knit Along on the Aran knitting list on Yahoo designed by Janet Szabo. I'm not sure if I will really have the time though as I have a couple shawl projects on my list too.

Before, I show you the finished objects below, I will leave you with a little Meme that my friend Amy tagged me with. It's another one that helps you get to know people. You are supposed to tag 7 people to do this too, but I always hate doing that, especially when a lot of people I know don't do these, but if you decide to do it, please let me know so that I can read yours!

Seven Things to do before I die (Not Necessarily in Order)
1) Become the woman God created me to be. (Ok - I'm totally stealing this answer - I love it too Amy!!)
2) Write my family history and possibly another book
3) Get totally caught up on my scrapbooking (100+ years of pictures!)
4) Travel with my husband (no kids, not that I don't love them! LOL)
5) Have a home that can be used for hospitality ministry/home fellowship groups
6) Raise my children to be followers of God
7) Lose weight/be healthy
Seven Things I can not do
1) Turn away from God
2) Run a marathon
3) Hurt someone on purpose
4) Be quiet when I see someone being wronged
5) Bungee jump, roller coasters etc
6) Drink coffee
7) Blog daily
Seven Things that attract me to my Spouse
1) He is a sincere follower of Jesus and seeks God's will
2) His eyes/smile
3) His servant spirit
4) His sensitivity and caring
5) His laughter and sense of humor
6) His artistic talent
7) His intelligence
Seven things I say most often
1) I love you
2) Anyway...
3) NO TOUCH!!
4) GIRLS!!
5) I can't understand you when you're whining!
6) No yelling!
7) Get down from there!
Seven Books (or series) I love
1) The Bible
2) Anne of Green Gables series
3) Chronicles of Narnia
4) Zion Chronicles (Bodie Thoene)
5) Alice Starmore knitting books
6) Laura Ingalls Wilder's books/books about her
7) Becky Higgins scrapbooking idea books
Seven Movies I watch over and over again(or would watch over and over if I had the time)
1) The Hiding Place
2) Sound of Music
3) Lord of the Rings (all 3)
4) Fiddler on the Roof
5) Anna and the King
6) Somewhere In Time
7) Anne of Green Gables (all 3)

2 comments:

Denise said...

Theresa

Your family is gorgeous! How blessed you must feel.

I am amazed and impressed with all of your finished projects. Great job!

Denise

Melissa said...

Theresa I am amazed at all of the projects you made for Christmas gifts! That is something I always intend to do, but wait too late to start. You have really inspired me to start earlier next year!