Monday, November 14, 2005


Here's DS and DD#1 (Twin A). Okay, I know this is not knitting content...but these are the people I knit for! :o) I had been reading on Yarn Harlot's blog links about the poppies sold on Veteran's Day in Canada. My Grandpa used to sell them as a little boy and I have one clipped onto my desk organizer to remind me of him...as well as all the Veterans. My Great Grandfather, Albin Johnson, was born in Sweden, came to America as an infant and served in France and Belgium during WWI. I actually have a pressed poppy which he sent his sister from France...only it's purpleish blue. And it amazes me it survived all these years. Below are pictures of the Veteran's memorial we visited on Veteran's Day before spending some time together at "Apple Hill". And yes, I'm still knitting away at Christmas and birthday gifts. I need to finish ends and block a few things and take pictures to post here! Posted by Picasa

No comments: