Sunday, April 16, 2006

He Is Risen!

He is risen indeed! Hallelujah! We had a rough morning. I had a rough morning. Whenever I want to get a picture of all three kids together they act their most rotten! It's like they know and they fight it. What would it hurt if they smiled in unison for one photo? I try to let it go but it makes me angry every time and my old self crawls out, snarling. Not a great way to start out a beautiful, celebratory day. Sometimes it is just tough being the Mom! They didn't tell me all these things when I signed up! LOL But there are a couple photos below. We made it to church okay, though late. If you haven't been watching the news, there have been torrential rains in northern California. There was a pair of Mallard ducks in the church parking lot this morning! Some of you may not find this so humorous...but if you only knew how dry Sacramento usually is, you too would laugh at ducks settling in and making themselves at home! :o)

The service was beautiful. The choruses and hymns we sang were lovely. I cried. An older man behind me tapped me on the shoulder and offered me a box of Kleenex! (Embarrassing!) Sometimes the Holy Spirit touches my heart through music. And I shed a few tears for my own impatience and bad behavior with my children! Add to that, that I cannot hear of the crucifixion in detail without tears. Christ's Resurrection is the most important event in history for a Christian...it means HOPE, LIFE and the ultimate LOVE!!! If He had died and stayed in the tomb, we would have none of these. The Pastor talked about how we do not see the wind, but we do see the effects of the wind. It is the same way with the Resurrection. We do not see it (though historically more people were eyewitness to that than to Napolean's defeat at Waterloo), but see the effects of it. An elder and the senior's pastor both came forward and spoke in character, one as the man who was crucified next to Jesus, the one the Lord told, "This day you will be with me in Paradise" and the other as one of the two men who were with Jesus on the Road to Emmaus. The Pastor read about Peter and how his life was transformed by Jesus after the Resurrection. Then there were filmed testimonies of three people, members of the church, that gave witness to the power of the Resurrection working in their lives. It was a different service than I expected but nice. Well, nice is a bland word. I felt it was effective and moving and REAL.

Without this hope I have difficulty putting one foot in front of the other many days. I am thankful that this hope keeps me moving forward and His strength keeps me going. I am so overwhelmed in life right now. My hubby too. We try to hold on to each other, to the Truth we know (and do not question) and some days it is only by faith that we make it through. It's hard not to be discouraged when children scream, whine, fight and lose their little charm for days on end! LOL It's hard not to be discouraged when the cops come and arrest your neighbors for making drugs in their home! It's hard not be discouraged when you can't afford a vacation or a babysitter to go on a date! It's hard not to be discouraged when your family is far away and facing struggles that you cannot help! But Gloria Gaither said it best, it is this Resurrection hope...Because He LIVES, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. And life is worth the living just because He LIVES!

The struggles I face here on earth often overwhelm me, feel like they will engulf me, but I know they pale in comparison to the joys and treasures in store. And until that time He gives me little "Joy spots" to make me smile, to encourage me, to help me grow. Knitting is one of those Joy spots and so is spinning. I have been discouraged lately because I have not felt well enough to even knit! Can you believe that?! I am starting to pick up a bit though, feeling almost me again, though tired and struggling with my asthma/allergies/migraines still. BUT, I feel like knitting again...and I finished the Creatures of the Reef shawl for a dear, dear friend, who will be receiving it through the shawl ministry. Hopefully tonight I can block it and if there is any sun tomorrow, I will hang it in the window to photograph it. Naturally I will share pictures. But for now, please enjoy the pictures of my little joys...who drive me nuts but I love beyond measure!

No comments: