Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Stash Additions

Well, I'm supposed to be using my stash but some things I just don't have the right yarn for. I was going to use that Alpaca Cloud laceweight yarn for the Lace Smoke Ring that I am making as a gift, however it was the wrong weight and instead of messing around with it and starting over a 4th time with it, I decided to get some fingering weight yarn. So I got the oatmeal/natural colored Alpaca yarn you see in the photo below. It is so yummy and soft and is a delight to knit with. I have about 4" done on it so far. I will have to take a picture later to share.

The ice blue cotton on the right is to make a knitted lace face cloth and soap sack from a Fiber Trends pattern (www.fibertrends.com). I also bought a Fiber Trends pattern for a hat with Aran cables/patterns on it that I want to make for gifts. I love Aran knitting. On the left in the photo below (which doesn't show up very good) is a beautiful variegated blue yarn that I splurged and got for myself! :o) It's for socks. It has to be on the back burner for awhile though...lots of gift knitting to get done for the holidays! I'm planning ahead!

And in the mail yesterday a big box from my Aunt in Seattle. She is unable to knit anymore due to a hand injury/arthritis. So I told her I would knit socks for her. She sent me the wool and pattern and she sent some fabric for me to sew for myself and the girls as well as a cone of bright magenta, fingering weight wool that I may use to make a shawl with (again in the future).

And in the mail on the weekend was a lovely shawl pattern and laceweight wool/silk...will have to take pictures and post more details.

It's triple digit heat today and over 80 in the house...not too comfortable for knitting! I hate living in this heat and smog! Where is the rain?! LOL

No comments: