Tuesday, June 28, 2005


Ta Da! They're done! They look kind of weird in this picture because it is hard to take pictures of your own feet...especially if you have a big mommy tummy in front of your feet! LOL My feet grew in both length and width during my pregnancies, especially with the twins, so it is kind of nice to knit my own socks that fit. As you can see they are anklet socks. I get too warm with other kinds and also with my large legs they always creep down anyway. You can see they are each slightly different and that is because the sock on the left started with blue yarn and the sock on the right with gray. It was really fun to play with the self striping yarn and see how the pattern came out. I did use two circular needles for them. At first I knit myself in circles a couple times! I'm sure I'm not the first knitter to do that trick. By the second sock I was in a rhthym and I didn't do that anymore. I used a 16" and a 24" and I think the 16" was too short, so if I buy needles again I think I would get a 24 and a 36. They don't have to be different but I did find that that helped me keep track of where I actually was and it is also more sensible to have two different needles that might be used for something else instead of having two exactly the same. I think I'll try it one more time to see how I do before making up my mind about using the 2 circ method or going back to dpns. Well, it is supposed to be in the 90s this week and heating up...I don't suppose I will be wearing these socks soon! They'll be nice in the winter though. And it did feel good to get something done. Posted by Hello

No comments: